Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ocean Breeze Mist For Cooling



My first concern was the low over-night temperatures. A oil-filled heater on sale at Wal-Mart was purchased and a 20K BTU natural gas heater was ordered from Harbor Freight. My second concern was the peak daytime temperatures. I decided to use a water mist system to lower the temperature in the greenhouse .The Ocean Breeze kit contained 10 mist heads, I installed three in the top of the greenhouse.

Currently I open the vent and turn on the mist system manually. Within a couple of weeks I should have the embedded system tested and installed. It will monitor the temperature and controll the water to the Ocean Breeze and the fan. The vent will be self opening and closing using a standard greenhouse vent control.

In addition, I will have a 12 volt fan installed to vent the inside air. Additional devices will be added after testing on the bench.

No comments: