Saturday, November 17, 2007

Kingman Flower Shop Open House

Mary Lou and I enjoyed the open house at the Kingman Flower Shop Open House yesterday and today! I spoke to many persons that lived outside of Kingman. There was a great deal of interest in my miniature African violet in a self watering pot created from a seashell. Many have African violets growing in their homes, however most said they had never used self watering pots. Also they were concerned with watering miniature African violets since the root ball is so small.

I explained how the soil mix was very inmportant while about any man made string or yarn could be used as a wick to transfer the water to the soil. I am completly sold out of seashell planters for small plants until more arrive via UPS. I greatly enjoy sharing my love of small plants with new friends!
Happy Gardening!

Laris Pickett

No comments: