Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mary Lou Sells Art Work In Kingman, Kansas

Earlier this year Mary Lou painted a vase for our daughter-in-law, Jeana. Jeana had sent a photograph of a design she loved, and Mary Lou painted a similer design on a vase for Jeana. Jeana took the vase to the flower shop where her sister worked and showed it to her sister and Jill, the owner of the shop. They were very impressed with the painted vase and Jill asked if Mary Lou would be interested in selling some items in her shop. (Thanks Jeana!!!)



On August 10th, Mary Lou and I went to Kingman to meet with Jill and Joyce at the Kingman Flower Shop. Joyce is my daughter-in-law sister, so I already knew her, however I had never been introduced to Jill.






Mary Lou showed Jill and Joyce photographs I shot over the past year of her art objects. Jill and Joyce pointed out items they would like for Mary Lou to paint and bring to the floral shop. Just before we left, Mary Lou mentioned I grew miniature African violets in self watering pots I created with recycled plastic containers from the kitchen and seashells. Jill and Joyce were surprised to see African violets growing in seashells and how pretty the recycled plastic pots were after Mary Lou painted the water reservoir. Jill and Joyce asked me to bring some of my miniature African violets growing in self watering pots created out of seashells and recycled items from the kitchen.


Mary Lou has photographs of my art at www.ArtByMaryLou.com. I invite you to look at the photographs of her art work on her Web site.

No comments: